Simone is an author and blogger who lives in North Carolina with her husband and dog. She’s been writing since she could hold a pen, and at the age of seven her first “book” shocked, amazed and amused her fans (mom and dad). It was titled How to Make a Baby. Unfortunately, only one copy remains. After reading The Outsiders in middle school (14 times in a row), the storytelling fire really ignited. Simone began scribbling in notebooks and reading her stories to anyone who would listen. At the University of Maryland, she studied creative writing and English. After graduation, she moved to San Francisco to pursue a career in advertising.
While working at some of the top ad agencies in the country, Simone started a blog sharing her humorous ramblings. In 2013, she embarked on the self-publishing journey and released sixteen YA Dystopian and Fantasy novels under a pen name. Her books sold over 17,000 copies with over 80,000 downloads worldwide.
The dream to be traditionally published continued calling, and Simone began writing Contemporary YA. Her most recent manuscript landed on the desk of agent Ariana Philips at Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency, securing a welcoming home for her work.
- Food: Italian
- Dessert: All of them
- City: Rome
- Hobby: Knitting
- Animal: Dogs!
- Author: Jandy Nelson, Kristin Hannah, Colson Whitehead, Heather Demetrios, Tiffany D. Jackson, Laurie Halse Anderson, Emily Wibberley … this could go on forever …
- Podcast: Enjoying Everyday Life
- Movie: Vertigo
- Album: Sam Cooke with the Soul Stirrers
- TV Show: Any home reno show or baking competitions
- Simone used to sing and record Americana music
- Simone is obsessed with Boston Terriers
- Simone volunteers with her church to help impact her local community